Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy specifies the actions prohibited by Connetrix to all subscribers, users and visitors of our network. Connetrix reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. The modified policy will become effective upon its posting to the URL: http://www.connetrix.com/connetrix_aup.html
Our network may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Connetrix will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. Users shall not use another parties email server to relay mail without the express permission of the site. Users may not use service provided by Connetrix to:
Connetrix maintains a zero-tolerance for all SPAM related concerns.
- send e-mail messages that are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others, especially if the recipient has made a request to cease and desist;
- use the account to collect responses from unsolicited bulk or commercial e-mail sent from accounts with other providers;
- forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not such messages solicit money or other items of value, and whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings;
- continue to send e-mail messages to a recipient who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive them;
- send e-mail with forged or missing TCP/IP packet-header information;
- engage in "mailbombing" (sending large quantities of unwanted or unsolicited e-mail to individual e-mail accounts or copies of a single message to many e-mail accounts); and/or
- send or receive e-mail messages in a manner that violates the use policies of the recipientís Internet Service Provider.
Anyone posting messages to Usenet newsgroups is responsible for becoming familiar and complying with any written charter or FAQ governing the use of such newsgroups. Regardless of such policies, users may not:
- post the same message, or a series of similar messages, to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "Usenet SPAM");
- post binary files to newsgroups not specifically named for that purpose;
- solicit mail for any address other than your Globix account(s) or service where doing so would manifest an intent to harass others;
- post messages for the purpose of threatening, harassing or intimidating others;
- post messages that infringe on the personal or property rights of others (privacy rights or copyrights, for example);
- cancel messages other than those you originated, with the exception of official newsgroup moderators performing their duties;
- post any message with forged packet header-information; and/or
- post messages that are excessive and/or intended to annoy or harass others, including, without limitation, messages promoting chain letters, pyramid schemes or make-money-fast schemes.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A CONNETRIX CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
Last Updated: January 1, 2003